1) What should customers bring?
Customers should bring their own food and drinks onboard. Alcohol is permitted but no glass containers please. The boat is equipped with coolers to keep food and drinks cold. In addition, sunscreen, sunglasses and hats are highly suggested. Anti-nausea medication is also suggested for those who are sensitive to motion sickness.
2) Do customers get to keep what they catch?
ABSOLUTELY! This is what sets Aikane Sportfishing apart from other fishing charters in Hawaii. Customers are more than welcome to keep ALL of what they catch. We will cut, clean and bag your catch
3) How many passengers are allowed on a trip? Are there any shared charters?
We only offer PRIVATE charters of up to 6 passengers on board. We don't do shared charters.
4) Are children allowed onboard?
Yes, children over the age of 5
5) What is the cancellation policy?
Trips may be canceled up to 24hrs without penalty. Any trip canceled with less than 24 hour notice will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the trip booked
6) Is a deposit required to book a trip?
No. We do not require a deposit in order to book a trip. We do however require credit card information at the time of booking
7) What type of payment is acccepted?
We accept cash and all major credit cards. *Please note there is a 2.7% processing fee for all credit card transactions
8) Where is Aikane Sportfishing located? Is there parking?
We are located on Hickam Air Force Base on Fort Kam Road (those using GPS can input Sea Lancers Dive Club to find us as we are right next door). Parking is available directly in front of the boathouse in the white marked stalls
9) What time do customers check in?
Check-in time varies depending upon the time of the year however customers can expect to check in between 5:00-5:30 am. Check-in time will be discussed at time of booking
9) Do customers need to be military? Is transportation provided for Non-Military customers?
Customers do not need to be military to book with us. However, someone in the group DOES need to have military access in order to get the group onto Hickam Air Force Base. Due to the recent uptick in COVID cases in the state, we are not offering transportation for customers who cannot access the military base on their own. We apologize for the inconveniece.
10) How do customers know their trip is confirmed?
Customers who book directly with us will receive a text message with the details of their trip to the phone number given at the time of booking. In addition, customers will receieve a phone call from their Captain 1-2 days prior to their trip to confirm the trip and to go over any last minute details.
11) Who can customers contact for inquiries or reservations?
Please call or text us directly at 808-423-1113. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on the CONTACT US page